Communication & Dissemination
Workshops, Tutorials and Talks
1. [Tutorial]: D. Lopez-Perez, A. Garcia Rodriguez, L. Galati Giordano, and G. Geraci, “Behind Wi-Fi’s success story: Fundamentals, deciphering 802.11ax, and roadmap towards the next generation”, euCNC, Valencia, Spain, Jun. 2019
2. [Tutorial]: D. Lopez-Perez, G. Geraci, A. Garcia Rodriguez, and L. Galati Giordano, “Next-generation Wi-Fi: Extreme High Throughput and Real Time Applications”, IEEE ICC, Shanghai, China, May 2019.
5. [Tutorial]: I. Krikidis and C. Psomas, “Wireless powered communications: A new communication paradigm,” IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Virtual Conference, September 2021.
6. [Tutorial]: I. Krikidis and C. Psomas, “Wireless powered communications: A new communication paradigm,’’ European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), Dublin, Irland, August 2021.
7. [Tutorial]: I. Krikidis and C. Psomas, “Wireless powered communications: A new communication paradigm,”IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), London, UK, August 2020.
8. [Workshop]: I. Krikidis, General Chair, IEEE International Workshop on Wirelessly Powered Systems and Networks (WPSN), Pafos, Cyprus, July 2021.
9. [Workshop]: I. Krikidis, Special Session Organizer, “Advanced Signal Processing Technologies for Wireless Powered Communications,” IEEE International workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC), Lucca, Italy, September 2021.
10. [Tutorial]: F. Liu, C. Masouros, “Integrated Sensing and Communication (ISAC) for 6G: From Theory to Applications” IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, SPAWC 2021, Lucca, IT
11. [Tutorial]: C. Masouros, A. Li, L. Swindlehurst “Interference Exploitation through Symbol Level Precoding: Energy Efficient Transmission for 6G and Beyond” IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC 2021, Montreal, CA
12. [Tutorial]: F. Liu, C. Masourous, “Joint Radar-Communication Transmission for 5G and Beyond – Applications, State-of-the-art and the Road Ahead” IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, PIMRC 2020, London, UK
13. [Invited seminar]: C. Masouros, “Learning to communicate (LeanCom): Deep learning based solutions for the physical layer of communications”, The ITU AI For Good Forum/Challenge on AI and Machine Learning in 5G, September 2021
14. [Invited seminar]: C. Masouros, “Integrated Sensing and Communications: Towards a Multi-Functional Wireless Network”, Huawei’s workshop Future of Wireless
15. [Invite seminar]: C. Masouros, “Learning to communicate”, UK Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) / Spectrum Policy Workshop “6G: Technology Enablers for Spectrum & Energy Efficient Wireless Access”, May 2021
16. [Invited seminar]: N. Babu, “Energy- Neutral Portable Access Points”, e-Seminar on Innovations in Electronic & Electrical Systems, Department of Electronic & Electrical Systems, IILM, India, November 2020
17. [Workshop]: C. Masouros, IEEE PIMRC 2020: International Workshop on UAV Communications for 5G and Beyond (UAV 5G & Beyond) – Workshop Organizer and Co-Chair
18. [Workshop]: C. Masouros, IEEE PIMRC 2020: PHY & Fundamentals Track – TPC Co-Chair
19. [Workshop]: C. Masouros, IEEE ICC 2020: International Workshop on Communication and Radar Spectrum Sharing: From Coexistence to Co-Design – Workshop Organizer and Co-Chair
20. [Workshop]: C. Masouros, IEEE ICASSP 2020: Special Session: Hardware-Efficient Large-Scale Antenna Arrays: The Stage for Symbol-Level Precoding – Special Session Organizer and Chair
1. M. Al-Jarrah, A. Al-Dweik, S. S. Ikki and E. Alsusa, “Spectrum-Occupancy Aware Cooperative Spectrum Sensing Using Adaptive Detection,” in IEEE Systems Journal, doi: 10.1109/JSYST.2019.2922773.
2. M. Al-Jarrah, E. Alsusa, and A. Al-Dweik, “Decision Fusion for Power Constrained Wireless Body Sensor Networks with Amplify and Forward Relays,” the 3rd International Workshop on IoT Enabling Technologies in Healthcare in ICC2020, Dublin, Ireland.
3. M. Al-Jarrah, A. Al-Dweik, and E. Alsusa, “On the Performance of Downlink NOMA Systems over HyperRayleigh Fading Channels,” ICCSPA2020, Sharjah, UAE. (Accepted)
4. M. A. Al-Jarrah, M. A. Yaseen, A. Al-Dweik, O. A. Dobre and E. Alsusa, “Decision Fusion for IoT-Based Wireless Sensor Networks,” in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 1313-1326, Feb. 2020, doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2019.2954720.
5. N. Babu, K. Ntougias, C. B. Papadias, and P. Popovski, “Energy efficient altitude optimization of an aerial access point,” in IEEE 31st PIMRC’20- Workshop on UAV Communications for 5G and Beyond (PIMRC’20 WS – UAV 5G & Beyond), London, United Kingdom (Great Britain), Aug. 2020.
6. M. H. Tariq, I. Chondroulis, P. Skartsilas, N. Babu, and C. B. Papadias, “Mm wave massive MIMO channel measurements for fixed wireless and smart city applications,” in IEEE 31st PIMRC’20 – Workshop on Practice and Further Advances in Massive MIMO (PIMRC’20 WS -PFA Massive MIMO), London, United Kingdom (Great Britain), Aug.2020.
7. X. Jing and C. Masouros, “UAV Trajectory Design and Bandwidth Allocation for Coverage Maximization with Energy and Time Constraints”, in IEEE 31st PIMRC’20 – Workshop on UAV Communications for 5G and Beyond
8. I. Donevski and J. J. Nielsen, “Dynamic Standalone Drone-Mounted Small Cells,” 2020 European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2020, pp. 342-347, doi: 10.1109/EuCNC48522.2020.9200918.
9. I. Valiulahi and C. Masouros, “Multi-UAV Deployment for Throughput Maximization in the Presence of Co-Channel Interference,” in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2020.3023010.
10. N. Babu, C. B. Papadias and P. Popovski, “Energy-Efficient 3D Deployment of Aerial Access Points in a UAV Communication System,” in IEEE Communications Letters, doi: 10.1109/LCOMM.2020.3017559.
11. C. Psomas, I. Chrysovergis, I. Krikidis, “Random Rotation-based Low-Complexity Schemes for Intelligent Reflecting Surfaces”, in IEEE PIMRC 2020.
12. A. Nicolaides, C. Psomas, I. Krikidis, “Outage analysis of myopic multi-hop relaying: A markov chain approach”, in IEEE Globecom 2020.
13. E. de Carvalho Rodrigues, A. Garcia-Rodrigues, L. Galati Giordano, G. Geraci, “On the Latency of IEEE 802.11ax WLANs with Parameterized Spatial Reuse”, in IEEE Globecom 2020.
14. M. H. Tariq, D. K. Ntaikos and C. B. Papadias, “Design Guidelines for Multi-Active / Multi-Passive Parasitic Antenna Arrays,” in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2020.3024803.
15. M. Al-Jarrah, E. Alsusa, A. Al-Dweik and M.-S. Alouini, “Performance Analysis of Wireless Mesh Backhauling Using Intelligent Reflecting Surfaces,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun. doi: 10.1109/TWC.2021.3052370
16. M. A. Al-Jarrah, A. Al-Dweik, N. T. Ali and E. Alsusa, “Joint Estimation of Location and Orientation in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Directional Antennas,” IEEE Sensors J., vol. 20, no. 23, pp. 14347-14359, 1 Dec. 2020. doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2020.3008393
17. N. Babu, C. B. Papadias, P. Popovski, “Energy-Efficient Deployment of a Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access Unmanned Aerial System“, accepted in WS04 ICC’21 Workshop – UAV-5G
18. I. Donevski, N. Babu, J. J. Nielsen, P. Popovski, and W. Saad, “Federated Learning with a Drone Orchestrator: Path Planning for Minimized Staleness” accepted in IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society.
19. M. Javidsharifi, H. Pourroshanfekr, T. Kerekes, D. Sera, S. Spataru, JM Guerrero, “Optimum Sizing of Photovoltaic and Energy Storage Systems for Powering Green Base Stations in Cellular Networks”. Energies. 2021; 14(7):1895.
20. M. AlaaEldin, E. Alsusa, and K. G. Seddik, “Quantized vs. Analog Channel Feedback for FDD Massive MIMO Systems with Multiple-Antenna Users”, Accepted to IEEE PIMRC 2021
21. M. Al-Jarrah, E. Alsusa, A. Al-Dweik and D. K. C. So., “Capacity Analysis of IRS-Based UAV Communications with Imperfect Phase Compensation,” IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., IEEE Early Access, Apr. 2021, doi: 10.1109/LWC.2021.3071059
22. Donevski, I., Nielsen, J.J. and Popovski, P., 2021, March. “Standalone deployment of a dynamic drone cell for wireless connectivity of two services.” In 2021 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) (pp. 1-7). IEEE
23. Donevski, I., Nielsen, J.J. and Popovski, P., 2021. “On Addressing Heterogeneity in Federated Learning for Autonomous Vehicles Connected to a Drone Orchestrator.” arXiv preprint arXiv:2108.02712.
24. Donevski, I., C. Raffelsberger, M. Sende, A. Fakhreddine, and J. J. Nielsen. “An Experimental Analysis on Drone-Mounted Access Points for Improved Latency-Reliability.” In Proceedings of the 7th Workshop on Micro Aerial Vehicle Networks, Systems, and Applications, pp. 31-36. 2021.
25. Babu, N., M. Virgili, C. B. Papadias, P. Popovski, and A. Forsyth. “Cost-and Energy-Efficient Aerial Communication Networks with Interleaved Hovering and Flying.” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (2021).
26. Virgili, M., A. J. Forysth, and P. James. “A Multi-Objective Genetic Algorithm Methodology for the Design of Standalone Energy Systems.” In 2021 IEEE Design Methodologies Conference (DMC), pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2021.
27. Donevski, I., I. L. Mayorga, J. J. Nielsen, and P. Popovski. “Performance trade-offs in cyber-physical control applications with multi-connectivity.” arXiv preprint arXiv:2108.03035 (2021).
28. Guo, Y., C. Skouroumounis, and I. Krikidis. “Threshold-Based Pair Switching Scheme in SWIPT-Enabled Wireless Downlink System.” In 2021 IEEE 93rd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2021-Spring), pp. 1-7. IEEE, 2021.
29. X. Jing, J. Sun, C. Masouros, “Energy Aware Trajectory Optimization for Aerial Base Stations”, IEEE Trans. Comms. vol. 69, no. 5, pp. 3352-3366, May 2021
30. A. Shahbazi and M. Di Renzo, “Analysis of Optimal Altitude for UAV Cellular Communication in Presence of Blockage”, IEEE 5G WORLD FORUM 2021 (Virtual + Montreal, Canada) October 2021
31. A. Shahbazi and M. Di Renzo, “Learning-based Localization of Mobile Users for Throughput Maximization in UAV Networks”, IEEE 5G WORLD FORUM 2021 (Virtual + Montreal, Canada) October 2021
32. A. Nicolaides, C. Psomas, and I. Krikidis, “A Markov Chain Approach for Myopic Multi-hop Relaying: Outage and Diversity Analysis,” IEEE J. Sel. Topics Signal Process., IEEE Early Access, Nov. 2021
33. Javidsharifi, M., Pourroshanfekr Arabani, H., Kerekes, T., Sera, D., Spataru, S. V., & Guerrero, J. M. (2021). “Optimum Sizing of Photovoltaic-Battery Power Supply for Drone-Based Cellular Networks.” Drones, 5(4), 138.
34.Valiulahi, I. et al, “Antenna Selection for Energy-Efficient Dual-Functional Radar-Communication Systems”, IEEE Wireless Communications Letters
35. AlaaEldin, M. A., Alsusa, E., Seddik, K. G., Mesbah, W., “AoD-Adaptive Channel Feedback for FDD Massive MIMO Systems with Multiple-Antenna Users”, IEEE Access, DOI 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3140418
36. Javidsharifi M, Pourroshanfekr H, Kerekes T, Sera D, Spataru S, Guerrero JM. (2022) “Effect of Battery Degradation on the Probabilistic Optimal Operation of Renewable-Based Microgrids.” Electricity 2022, 3(1), 53-74;
37. Javidsharifi M, Pourroshanfekr H, Kerekes T, Sera D, Guerrero JM. (2022) “Stochastic Optimal Strategy for Power Management in Interconnected Multi-Microgrid Systems”
38. Alaaeldin, M., Alsusa, E.A. and Seddik, K.G., 2022. “IRS-Assisted Physical Layer Network Coding over Two-Way Relay Fading Channels”. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology.
Contributions to standardization
A. Garcia-Rodriguez, D. Lopez-Perez, L. Galati Giordano, O. Alanen, M. Kasslin, E. de Carvalho Rodrigues, and E. Rantala, “Performance of parameterized spatial reuse (PSR) with coordinated beamforming/null steering for 802.11be,” IEEE 802.11-20/0091r2, Jan. 2020.
Contact Painless ITN
We’ll get back to you shortly.