Communication & Dissemination
Workshops and Tutorials
1. [Tutorial]: D. Lopez-Perez, A. Garcia Rodriguez, L. Galati Giordano, and G. Geraci, “Behind Wi-Fi’s success story: Fundamentals, deciphering 802.11ax, and roadmap towards the next generation”, euCNC, Valencia, Spain, Jun. 2019
2. [Tutorial]: D. Lopez-Perez, G. Geraci, A. Garcia Rodriguez, and L. Galati Giordano, “Next-generation Wi-Fi: Extreme High Throughput and Real Time Applications”, IEEE ICC, Shanghai, China, May 2019.
1. M. Al-Jarrah, A. Al-Dweik, S. S. Ikki and E. Alsusa, “Spectrum-Occupancy Aware Cooperative Spectrum Sensing Using Adaptive Detection,” in IEEE Systems Journal, doi: 10.1109/JSYST.2019.2922773.
2. M. Al-Jarrah, E. Alsusa, and A. Al-Dweik, “Decision Fusion for Power Constrained Wireless Body Sensor Networks with Amplify and Forward Relays,” the 3rd International Workshop on IoT Enabling Technologies in Healthcare in ICC2020, Dublin, Ireland.
3. M. Al-Jarrah, A. Al-Dweik, and E. Alsusa, “On the Performance of Downlink NOMA Systems over HyperRayleigh Fading Channels,” ICCSPA2020, Sharjah, UAE. (Accepted)
4. M. A. Al-Jarrah, M. A. Yaseen, A. Al-Dweik, O. A. Dobre and E. Alsusa, “Decision Fusion for IoT-Based Wireless Sensor Networks,” in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 1313-1326, Feb. 2020, doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2019.2954720.
5. N. Babu, K. Ntougias, C. B. Papadias, and P. Popovski, “Energy efficient altitude optimization of an aerial access point,” in IEEE 31st PIMRC’20- Workshop on UAV Communications for 5G and Beyond (PIMRC’20 WS – UAV 5G & Beyond), London, United Kingdom (Great Britain), Aug. 2020.
6. M. H. Tariq, I. Chondroulis, P. Skartsilas, N. Babu, and C. B. Papadias, “Mm wave massive MIMO channel measurements for fixed wireless and smart city applications,” in IEEE 31st PIMRC’20 – Workshop on Practice and Further Advances in Massive MIMO (PIMRC’20 WS -PFA Massive MIMO), London, United Kingdom (Great Britain), Aug.2020.
7. X. Jing and C. Masouros, “UAV Trajectory Design and Bandwidth Allocation for Coverage Maximization with Energy and Time Constraints”, in IEEE 31st PIMRC’20 – Workshop on UAV Communications for 5G and Beyond
8. I. Donevski and J. J. Nielsen, “Dynamic Standalone Drone-Mounted Small Cells,” 2020 European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2020, pp. 342-347, doi: 10.1109/EuCNC48522.2020.9200918.
9. I. Valiulahi and C. Masouros, “Multi-UAV Deployment for Throughput Maximization in the Presence of Co-Channel Interference,” in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2020.3023010.
10. N. Babu, C. B. Papadias and P. Popovski, “Energy-Efficient 3D Deployment of Aerial Access Points in a UAV Communication System,” in IEEE Communications Letters, doi: 10.1109/LCOMM.2020.3017559.
11. C. Psomas, I. Chrysovergis, I. Krikidis, “Random Rotation-based Low-Complexity Schemes for Intelligent Reflecting Surfaces”, in IEEE PIMRC 2020.
12. A. Nicolaides, C. Psomas, I. Krikidis, “Outage analysis of myopic multi-hop relaying: A markov chain approach”, in IEEE Globecom 2020.
13. E. de Carvalho Rodrigues, A. Garcia-Rodrigues, L. Galati Giordano, G. Geraci, “On the Latency of IEEE 802.11ax WLANs with Parameterized Spatial Reuse”, in IEEE Globecom 2020.
14. M. H. Tariq, D. K. Ntaikos and C. B. Papadias, “Design Guidelines for Multi-Active / Multi-Passive Parasitic Antenna Arrays,” in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2020.3024803.
15. M. Al-Jarrah, E. Alsusa, A. Al-Dweik and M.-S. Alouini, “Performance Analysis of Wireless Mesh Backhauling Using Intelligent Reflecting Surfaces,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun. doi: 10.1109/TWC.2021.3052370
16. M. A. Al-Jarrah, A. Al-Dweik, N. T. Ali and E. Alsusa, “Joint Estimation of Location and Orientation in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Directional Antennas,” IEEE Sensors J., vol. 20, no. 23, pp. 14347-14359, 1 Dec. 2020. doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2020.3008393
17. N. Babu, C. B. Papadias, P. Popovski, “Energy-Efficient Deployment of a Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access Unmanned Aerial System“, accepted in WS04 ICC’21 Workshop – UAV-5G
18. I. Donevski, N. Babu, J. J. Nielsen, P. Popovski, and W. Saad, “Federated Learning with a Drone Orchestrator: Path Planning for Minimized Staleness” accepted in IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society.
19. M. Javidsharifi, H. Pourroshanfekr, T. Kerekes, D. Sera, S. Spataru, JM Guerrero, “Optimum Sizing of Photovoltaic and Energy Storage Systems for Powering Green Base Stations in Cellular Networks”. Energies. 2021; 14(7):1895.
Contributions to standardization
A. Garcia-Rodriguez, D. Lopez-Perez, L. Galati Giordano, O. Alanen, M. Kasslin, E. de Carvalho Rodrigues, and E. Rantala, “Performance of parameterized spatial reuse (PSR) with coordinated beamforming/null steering for 802.11be,” IEEE 802.11-20/0091r2, Jan. 2020.
Contact Painless ITN
We’ll get back to you shortly.